top of page
  • Writer's picturePippa Hackett

Successful Applicants of the Night-Time Economy Support Scheme Announced

  • Rural Applications account for over half of the applications awarded funding

  • Thousands of performance employment days generated

At the launch of Ballintubbert House & Garden organic gardens in September

I want to extend my congratulations to the 6 venues in Laois, 10 in Offaly and 4 in Westmeath (see list below) who received funding under the pilot Night-Time Economy Support Scheme, introduced by Minister with responsibility for Culture and Arts, Catherine Martin TD.

A total of 433 organisations, across all counties, have been offered funding from the Night-Time Economy Support Scheme pilot €4million fund. The scheme provided 75% of the required funding, with applicants required to fund the remaining 25%. A maximum allowable grant of €10,000 per business or venue was available. It was a condition of funding that all artists and performers were paid.

Applications were received from a wide range of venues including pubs, nightclubs, cafés, theatres, arts centres, galleries, museums and retail outlets.

I am delighted to hear there was a high level of interest in this scheme, which is important for increasing footfall in our towns. This is a win-win scheme – we as audiences get to enjoy events while artists and venues generate income they would not have had otherwise. The local economy benefits.

Some events have already been enjoyed by audiences, like the “Women In Comedy” series of comedy evenings on Thursdays in September in Birr Theatre and Arts Centre.

The Scheme included a specific strand of funding for unlicensed premises such as cafés, dry bars and other suitable venues to support diversification and inclusivity in our Night-Time Economy.

If you are involved in the night-time economy in your area but missed out on this pilot scheme, Minister Catherin Martin secured €6 million as part of Budget 2023 and is currently considering the development of further initiatives. Keep an eye out or contact my office to be kept informed of future schemes.

Successful applicants:



  • The Bus Bar

  • The Chestnut

  • John Lee Bar And Venue

  • The Ramblers Rest

  • Birr Theatre & Arts Centre

  • Hugh Lynchs

  • Turning Pirate

  • Doolys Hotel

  • Corrigans Bar , The Corner House

  • Townsend House B&B


  • Town And Country Bar

  • Fine

  • The Snug Bar

  • Montgomerys


bottom of page